Author: Terri Rochenski
Publisher: J. Taylor Publishing
Release Date: October 6, 2014
Keywords: Adult Fantasy
About the Book: Thrust out of their homes by a human High Priest on a vengeful mission, the Natives of Derlund no longer have a place to call their own. One escaped capture, however, and now she, Hyla, is the only one who can save her people.
For, Hyla, though, saving her nation isn’t her ultimate goal—returning to the Pool of Souls is. Becoming its Guardian and preserving their faith is her heart’s desire. The perils of her current journey, though, could leave her unable to fulfill that dream.
To find her way back to the Pool, Hyla must live among dangerous, powerful humans willing to defend the Natives, and must submit herself—her Talents—to them. While her protection is paramount, plots to end Hyla’s life will push her to her physical and emotional limits.
On the edge of sanity, her courage tested, and convictions nearly broken, Hyla’s final test of loyalty to her faith comes with the death of one she could have loved.
Purchase Links for Secret of the Souls:
Amazon / Barnes & Noble
Terri’s Top Ten Inspirations
- QUIET walks outdoors – WITHOUT children. Like that ever happens for a stay-at-home mom with 3 little kids!
- QUIET morning with a cup of tea. Rarely does my early riser child #3 allow this, though.
- History channel & Discovery channel always have great programs that get my creative juices flowing.
- Pictures / drawings. The Pool of Souls series was partly inspired by Stonehenge.
- Instrumental music for my fantasy stories, and occasionally love songs for my historical romance. Heart’s Wish was inspired by a celtic piece, which I REALLY wish I knew the title of! Only heard it once, just enough to bring this flash piece to mind.
- True life stories of my ancestors’ / family’s marriages and heartaches. Beginning of Forever, a historical romance short in the Winter’s Sweet Kiss anthology, was inspired by my sister-in-law’s loss and love re-found.
- My own life. The Means of Mercy series has taken some real-life moments of my own onto its pages.
- Submission calls – Alone No More slammed into my brain upon seeing a sub call titled, unexpected baby bumps, by a now non-existent indie pub.
- Picture prompts IN a sub call. Sacrificial Oath, another story which slammed into my brain upon seeing the picture prompt J. Taylor Publishing posted for their Make Believe anthology. (The cover image.)
Terri started writing stories in the 8th grade, when a little gnome whispered in her brain. Gundi’s Great Adventure never hit the best seller list, but it started a long love affair with storytelling.
Today she enjoys an escape to Middle Earth during the rare ‘me’ moments her three young children allow. When not playing toys, picking them back up, or kissing boo-boos, she can be found sprawled on the couch with a book or pencil in hand, and toothpicks propping her eyelids open.
Contact Terri :